Here i am describing shortest way to install xampp on your operating system ubuntu ( linux ).Its really pretty easy to install . Lets follow the steps to setup xampp….
- First you need to download xampp .To download xampp click this link -> Download XAMPP.
- Then you need to Extract the archive to /opt directory using the following command on your linux command prompt: ( You must confirm the location of downloaded xampp archive while you are going to run the following code )
sudo tar xvfz xampp-linux-1.5.3a.tar.gz -C /opt
- Nice work you just install the xampp on your ubuntu. Now you need to start apache , mysql and to start those you should write the following code on your linux command prompt :
sudo /opt/lampp/lampp start
- Now you should ensure the read , write mode on your installed htdocs folder .write the following code to ensure read,write mode enable:
sudo chmod 777 -R /opt/lampp/htdocs/
- Thats all . Now you need to test .Lets browse like :
- To stop xampp you should write the following command :
sudo /opt/lampp/lampp stop
Lets enjoy xampp and enjoy ubuntu ( Linux )